Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Natural Hair- Week1



WEEK 1-  2/21/2015- 3/1/2015

Straight flat ironed hair, what do  I do with this.  Not much.  I got it done on Saturday and wore it out until Monday.  My Monday night workout pretty much had me back to natural in the middle and still smooth around the edges.  Ponytail time, or since the cut I will say pigtail.  Yep, smoothed it out in a pigtail for the rest of the week.   I contemplated just reverting all to natural but I wanted to start fresh with some new products as well.  So until Saturday, what my wash day was it was a pig tail.

In the mean time I stocked up on my goods (posted here).



THE WASH PROCESS:
Sectioned into 4 sections
Light finger tangling with coconut oil
Cowash each section with Tresemme Naturals
Detangle each section with Denman Brush
Apply Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstuctor and put on plastic cap.
Left in for Approximately 10 min while I took my shower
Rinsed each section and ran Denman through it
Applied Alikay Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner to each section
Applied Design Essentials Naturals to Each Section
Applied the magic potion oil to each section.
Each section was twisted with a clip on the the end to air dry

THE STYLE:
After a few hours of drying I put a part in my hair and put about 10-12 twists through out using As I Am Twist Defining Cream .  A few pieces of hair were dry not still damp so I spritz a little water as needed and let it dry.  After drying, mostly air dried but had to do 15 min under the hooded dryer since my daughter was anxious to get out of the house, I rubbed some coconut oil on my hands unstwisted and fluffed.  



THE VERDICT:
My hair feels good.  Definitely not as much hair on the shower floor.  I think it is because of the cut but am not sure if it is because my hair was coming from a flat-ironed style.  We'll see next week.  The ends look 20 million times better and I am so glad I decided to get it cut.  The strange thing is it doesn't look shorter.



No comments:

Post a Comment