Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Volunteer- Maryland Food Bank

What a joy it was to volunteer at the Maryland Food Bank.  It was pretty interesting to see the operations of the distribution center.  There are so many boxes it is amazing.  I got to work on the conveyor belt.  FUN!!! If anyone remembers Laverne & Shirley or the I Love Lucy when she works on the conveyor belt.  Food going past and you have to make sure you grab the right items for your station, package them up, and once the box reaches a certain weight seal it, label it, and start a new box.


I will admit there were some things that circled the belt a few times because I had no clue what they were.  Some sort of potato hash brown meal, borscht, and all sorts of things.  It was quite a food learning experience.  

If you have some time you should check out your local Food Bank.  I am sure there are tons of volunteer opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment