Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Konad...Take 1

It's official..I have entered into the realm of trying to master the Konad Nail Stamping. Thanks to the lovely ladies I tweet with my eyes have been opened to yet another thing to become obsessive about. My fingernails. Don't get me wrong, I have nail polish and would paint my nails when I go out sometimes but for the most part I sported "naked" nails. If not bare then I would opt for some type of clear or Revlon Sheer Nude which is very pale. After hearing the ladies tweet and seeing some of the designs I thought I should check it out.

Between Twitter, The Purse Forum, YouTube, and various nail blogs I was sold. My daughter likes to paint her nails and tries putting little designs on them so I thought this would be the perfect Christmas gift for her. I was much too excited to wait until Christmas to give it to her though so the day the package came it was in her hands. I got her the kit that comes with 1 plate(m3), 1 stamper and scraper, and 2 special polishes(red and white).  I also ordered another plate(m57) and black special polish. 

She said thanks and we looked at some videos but between school and activities it would be another week almost two before we actually got to take the time to do it. Between the purchase and today my nails have been bare for a grand total of 2 days. I have really enjoyed having them painted and it does make a difference overall..at least to me.


Honestly I was getting so frustrated that we didn't have time to try it yet and I did not want to use her kit before her I placed a second order of some special polishes, another plate, and the stamp and scraper. I figured that way we could do our nails together and don't have to wait for the other person to be done. My rationale at least. But lo and behold we finally set a time and stuck to it so here are a few pics from our first (of many I hope) go at the Konad Nail Stamping.

I rarely used base coat because my nails typically had lighter colors on them I opted to use a base coat since my nails seemed a little stained after using a dark color for the last two times I painted my nails.  I used the Revlon Base Coat that I picked up at Walgreens. I don't have too much to say about it since this was the first time I have used it and really don't have enough base coat experience to compare it to anything.

After going through all of my nail polishes and throwing away the yucky ones that were all dried up we both contemplated what color we would be painting our nails. We both ended up picking the color I had on last which is Sephora by OPI Mermaid to Order.  

We finally moved on to the fun part.  The actual stamping of our nails.  Using the plate M3 and the Konad Special Polish in White my daughter opted to put a few hearts on some of her nails.  I thought she would have gone all out and had designs on every nail but she said she just wanted it on a few nails.  It took us a little bit of figuring out exactly how much special polish to goop on and boy does it dry quick on those little designs.  I gooped and scraped while she stamped.  She was happy with how it turned out so of course I was happy that she was happy.

Then it was my turn.  She gooped and scraped so I could stamp my nails.  I went with black stars on the M3 plate.  A few of the stars did not turn out so well and I think it is because there was dried polish from the previous stamping still on the plate.  With smaller thinner images make sure the image plate is clean from the previous stamping or your images won't be as sharp.  You can see some of the stars aren't that great.  We'll get the hang of it though.