Saturday, February 26, 2011

Corporate Nails- What Color Do You Wear?

Okay folks, I need you all to chime in. Having started a new job I am pretty much scared to paint my nails. I am still trying to figure out what exactly is okay for my work environment and where the line between okay and not okay is. Trust me I will always err on the side of caution which is why even though I want to paint my nails for work I haven't yet. I thought I would come to you my dear readers for advice.

I tend to probably dress up more than I need to but that is just me. I like to dress up and isn't there a saying about dressing for the job you want instead of the one you have. With that being said I wear pants suits, slacks with blouse, skirt and blouse, always heels. Come to think of it I don't even own flat dress shoes. But back to the nails.

Light pinks and neutrals are fine I am pretty sure. What else though? Would a gray be okay? I know, no glitters (sad face). What else? French mani is always classic so I know that would work. Can I do any kind of design (maybe only one nail)? If you kind readers could point me in the direction of some great corporate friendly but not blah colors it would be so much appreciated.


3 comments:

  1. Like you said, Pinks and nudes are good.
    Greys should be fine too, as they are neutrals and tend to not be distracting. Same with browns, caramels, creams, and navy. Basically, my rule of thumb is if you can wear a business suit in a color and look professional, then you can wear a nail polish in that color. Only exception would be red, which I think is a great workplace color, and black because I feel like I never see any corporate people with black nail polish.

    As far as the finish goes, I think shimmers will be fine, as long as they aren't too outrageous. Especially since you're working in an office environment where there's no sun. You can also do jellies and of course cremes, as long as the polishes aren't too bright.
    Also, you may want to check out Misa's 9-5 Collection, Nubar's Finest Silks Collection, and the soft half of Color Club's Alter Ego Collection...they're all work safe.
    Particularly the Misa one, since it was created for a workplace environment.
    Good luck with your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ChaosButterfly covered it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...thanks for the detailed response. I was really on the fence about the gray. Navy is okay? I would have thought it was to dark. I am going to check out the collections you suggested. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete