Monday, July 8, 2013

July Crafty Project- Butterick B5450- Part 2

The plan for last week was modified.  Modified in that I decided to make a muslin instead of cutting my fabric.  I also forgot to get a lining so I still need to do that.

So how did my plans for last week go?  Let's take a look:

Day 1- Pick the project.- DONE
Day 2- Decide on fabric.- DONE- kind of, narrowed down to 2 but making muslin
Day 3- Prep fabric- wash/dry- holding off until after muslin
Day 4- Prep fabric- iron- I did iron out the muslin so DONE
Day 5- Cut pattern out- DONE
Day 6- Pin pattern to fabric- to muslin DONE
Day 7- Cut fabric- muslin DONE


Not bad since I did change the plans some.

You know when you haven't done something in forever because it takes you twice as long.  Then you have a few "oh yeah" moments.  I started cutting with scissors and then it dawned on me I had a rotary cutter.  Those little markings all over the pattern weren't going to magically transfer themselves to the fabric either.  

For the muslin the lining was skipped as well as the zipper.  The bodice fits fine however I think I am going to adjust the seam allowances at the bottom piece to make it a little more comfy.  Come to think of it I may just use a 4/8" seam allowance for the neck and armholes as well. That will give me a little bit more room.

Butterick 5450 Muslin
So for this week I am hoping to do the following:

Day 1- Prep fabric- wash/dry (pick up black lining)
Day 2- Prep fabric- iron
Day 3- Pin pattern to fabric 
Day 4- Cut fabric, transfer markings
Day 5- Sew bodice (fabric and lining)
Day 6- Sew skirt 
Day 7- Insert zipper

Hopefully next week you will be seeing pictures of a finished product!!!  Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for Butterick 5450, would you have this for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for Butterick 5450, would you have this for sale?

    ReplyDelete