Sunday, January 2, 2011

10K.. Who Me?

What? Run a 10K? I have never even done a 5K!! I haven't been to the gym in 6 months!! It's to, cold!!

In other words, every excuse in the book. Those were my response to a New Year's Eve call from a friend telling me that he wants me to do a 10K with him in April. His response. "You have 4 months."

So it looks like I will be training for a 10K. I really need to lay off all of the reasons why I can't do something so on the first day of 2011 I found a 30 day plan to get me to 3 miles. Not 30 consecutive days but what you should be doing for each of 30 workouts. I'll start with that and see how I do.

Cross your fingers for me. I am going to need some good workout vibes on this one!! Workout 1 is done and I don't feel bad. I know that I am not in the shape I used to be but that is all in the past. I am looking forward to wiping the slate clean and starting 2011 fresh. It will hold great things for me. Nothing like taking a good thing (me) and making it better (a better me)!!

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck.

    http://stitched-te.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and sending you good workout vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh em freaking g, a 10k?!
    That's so cool! It'll be hard, but I know you can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the the well wishes everyone. I did Day 3 of my training this morning and am still alive to comment.

    ReplyDelete