Friday, January 21, 2011

Day Zero Project- 101 in 1001- Let's Go!!

Day Zero Project- 101 in 1001
The countdown begins. In 1001 days if everything goes as planned I will have done lots of things that I have wanted to do. Things pertaining to my health, my career, my family and friends, giving back to others, and just other randomness that I want to do.

You may have heard of this referred to as the Day Zero Project or 101 in 1001. I first heard of it a few weeks ago on a blog and my intial thought was AWESOME!!! I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions this year but once I heard about the Day Zero Project my list was started. I also tried to get my kids on board and write lists. One did and one is partly there. My list is one of the tabs at the top of my blog. I'll be updating it as I progress.

Coming up with 101 goals seemed a bit daunting at first. About 1/3 of the way through I got a little stuck but in no time I was at 101 and then 106. The list was pared back down to 101 just to stick to the program. What is great about this is it allows my to tackle short and long term goals. Some may take a day, a week, a month, a year, or all 1001 days.

Looking at the list some of them may seem trivial but the seemingly trivial ones will probably be some of the most meaningful. There a couple things on this list that are scary to me (i.e speaking in front of a group) but I am purposely trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. For me it all about growth. I have so many things to work on and when I look at this list it will surely promote growth in all aspects of my life. I love who I am now but I am so excited about who I am becoming.

If anyone cares to join in and write a list please send me a link or share your list. Reading others lists was fun and it was inspiring to see how many items they were able to accomplish. Also if you have every done this before please share your story.


So this is it. I am tackling my list 1 day at a time.

THIS IS DAY 0!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment