Wednesday, May 19, 2010

To Keep or Not to Keep...Your Broken Nail That Is

The other day a came across Colette's video on patching your nails and it dawned on me that I have never really, really gone through any extraordinary mearsures to save a nail that may be about to break. The typical course of action for me is to tear it off and wait until it grows back. Recently I did try some nail glue because the tear was so low into my nail bed it would have been insanely painful to have it break all the way across. The thought was to glue it, let it grow out some and then break it off.

Glue was a pain, pretty messy, and it still felt like my nail was snagging. The video shows how to apply a silk patch to your nail. Seemed like it was worth a shot so I went out and got the necessary supplies. I won't go into details just check head over to My Simple Little Pleasures.








Nail Repair 5-18-10 NailRepair 5-18-10 NailRepair 5-18-10


The pics show a cut up strip, my nail with the patch on, and what it looked like after patching. You can see the tear in the nail a little bit in the second picture under the patch but it was hard to take a picture of. I also did a second nail with the same type of tear. Hopefully this works because I would like to be able to save some of my longer nails. I'll let you know the results. Mind you this is my first time doing it so I may need to perfect my technique some before I get maximum results.

Do you bother trying to save your nail or do you just let it go and start fresh? Just curious as to what measures you go to and what products have proven successful for you.

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't try to save my nails. Like you I tried the glue thing and hated it. My nail still snagged like crazy. I saw her video and thought of trying the patches but not right now because the majority of my nails just broke lol don't ask.

    ReplyDelete