Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ruffian Attempt-- FAIL!!

Nothing beats a failure like a try. Right? Please agree with me. I saw a few "Ruffian" manis on blogs and decided to give it a shot. Doing anything freehand without a guide proves to be quite challenging for me but over time and and a lot more attempts I hope something halfway decent can be produced. Don't shoot me for the colors I chose which is part of the reason for this epic disaster. This is Zoya Tangy (light) and Veruschka (dark).

Ruffian Attempt = FAIL

The concept is a french manicure rotated 180 degrees. The thin line goes down by the base of your nail instead of at the tip. I have seen some very pretty ones this one just doesn't fall into that category. I promised to be honest and post my screw ups as well. All is not always perfect in the world of manicures and I am surely still learning.

Gosh, my hands look like I am 80 years old. YIKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment