Friday, February 12, 2010

Will I Ever Get This Water Marbling Right

This is my third attempt to water marble my nails. The first try went pretty good (see here), but then the second attempt I just ditched all together. It just would not work. Here I wanted to do something Valentine-sie so I started with red white and pink. For whatever reason the red I was using was drying to fast on the water so I went with to shades of pink. Here is the result.











Water Marbling 2-11-10
Water Marbling 2-11-10
Water Marbling 2-11-10
Water Marbling 2-11-10


Could be better, much better, but it is a learning process. I will reiterate a few things I said in my previous blog post. Water temperature matters, you may have to test it a little to see what works best for the polish you will be using. Use Vaseline around your nails and on your fingers for easier cleanup. This time around I found that 2-3 drops of polish instead of 1 buys you a little more time to swirl the polish around before it becomes a film on the surface. And last but not least work quickly. Oh, and 1 more that I don't remember if I mentioned before or not, don't do this on your bare nails. In trying to do it I have found that having a colored base makes all of your other colors stand out much more giving a more vibrant and distinct design on each nail.

For the record the colors used for this were China Glaze Fly, China Glaze Pink Underground, and Revlon White on White.

Thanks for looking :-)

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like it! I think you've already gotten it right!

    ReplyDelete