Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another Konad for You...Actually Two!!

Two Konad's for you this time around..one on my hands and the other on my daughters.  Deciding what design to use and what colors is like torture to me.  So many options and I don't have nearly as many polishes or plates as most people.  I honestly start thinking about what I am going to do 1-2 days before and I still don't have a clue until the moment I sit down to do it. Or about 5 minutes after I sit down to do it.  Since we used the M3 plate for the previous mani we ditched that plate and moved on to the next plate.  She went for the zebra print and I decided on the crosshatch(I guess that is what it is called).

I'll start with my daughter's creation.  I don't know how she does it but she always picks a color and I come and say, "Oooooo, that is pretty, I want to use that too!"  The base color for this is a Sally Hansen orange called Crushed.  I thought we had all of our nail polishes in one place but apparently when she cleaned up her room this one and some others were hiding in there.  Needless to say it is an absolutely gorgeous color and I would definitely wear without the Konad.  She knew what she wanted to do so she went first.  Her pinky finger, which she did first showed her that this may be a little tricky.  Getting the pattern aligned properly, then onto your finger fast enough, AND trying not to have black polish all over your fingers proved to be a challenge.  One section of her finger did not get any pattern at all but she decided to just keep going.  I pitched in by quickly cleaning the black polish from her skin because rumor has it that it stains horribly.  I actually think it would have been better to let it dry and then peel it up.  Rubbing the polish remover on it seemed to smear the black polish on the skin even worse.  No major staining that I could see though.  

She was happy with her creation despite some flaws and of course I was just happy that she was happy.  Practice, practice, practice.

I decided to go with a lighter color this week.  A Sally Hansen pale green is what I settled for because I realized I didn't have to many light colors.  After painting one coat this polish I thought would take at least 8 coats to even show up on my nails.  Luckily it only took 3 coats to get it to a point where I was happy.  So here is the un-Konaded color.  A very pale shimmery green.

I will say that you should really try to be quick with the crosshatch pattern.  Because the lines are so thin once you scrape they are already on there way to being dry and useless.  There were a couple of places on my nail where the polish would not transfer and I think it was because it had dried so quickly on the stamper.  Oh well, it is a learning process so I don't get to peeved about not having it perfect.  Here is the final result which I ended up liking more than I thought I would.

We both use OPI Top Coat after completing our designs.  I am hoping that his mani will last me for the week but if not I have no problem giving myself a 2nd mani this week.