Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Smoliday...Bah Humbug...and Ugh!!

Based on the title it is pretty evident that holidays are just not my thing. It is beyond not my thing I almost despise the holidays. Really Christmas. My qualm is the whole commercial factor of it. A few years ago I found myself all stressed out because I didn't have gifts for people. People who I only see once a year around the holidays. People who I don't even talk to on the phone really or email. I had to take a step back and put things in perspective. Now that they are in perspective I still dread the holidays because 99% of the people around me continuously ask me if I am done shopping and blah, blah, blah. I hate shopping the rest of the year so you can only imagine my utter disdain for shopping around Christmas time.

I don't want gifts that you felt obligated to buy. That does not sit well with me. I no longer feel obligated to buy gifts for anyone. If I am thinking of you I will buy you a gift, in May, August, or whenever. Please, people, please open your eyes and stop spending your money on nonsense. Spend time with the people you love. The memories will far outlast anything you can give them.

Okay, my rant is over. I just had to get that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment