Thursday, December 3, 2009

Organic Hair Care Products

Just bringing a heads up to a product that I happen to absolutely love.  Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner has become a staple in my household.  This conditioner can also be used as a deep conditioner which I have done several times and the results are amazing.  I will say beware of the shampoos in the Aubrey Organics line up.  I have tried several of them and none of them worked for me.  Each one caused my hair to get really matted and that is an immediate thumbs down for me.  I have tried the majority of the conditioners as well and I think I would buy them all again.

PROS: 

  • First and foremost I love that this is an Organic Product that actually works.  It contains no parabens or sulfates.  You just don't know how much I love to read a list of ingredients that I can actually not only read but pronounce out loud. (see full list of ingredients below)
  • The scent is not over powering but more of a light scent.  Some people may prefer a stronger scent but I do not.
  • IT WORKS- need I say more.

CONS:

  • Price.  Depending on how much you are willing to spend on a 11 oz. bottle of shampoo then $10.28 a pop may seem pricey.  If you shop around I am sure you can find it for a few bucks cheaper.  Get past the sticker shock this product is worth it. Last time I purchased at www.vitacost.com
  • Be warned this product is thick.  You will have to squeeze and squeeze the bottle pretty hard to get a decent amount out.  Get your muscles ready, you will use them.
  • I already stated that I don't like the shampoos from this brand so it stinks that the shampoo isn't as great a product as the conditioner.  It is nice when the products meant to work together actually work together.

Here is the full list of ingredients:  Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).