Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chocolate Mousse? Noo...It's Zoya Dea

Nobody can tell me this color doesn't look like chocolate mousse. Seriously, I want to take a spoon and eat it. It is Big 3 Free after all. Just kidding, no eating nail polish kiddies. This isn't the typical bright color with some sort of zing that I typically wear which is precisely why I bought it. Expanding your horizons goes for choosing polish colors as well. I purchased this as part of the Zoya Exchange program and I am glad I did. It is a nice brown the applies like butter. Two coats and you are done.

I tried something a little different with this mani that most polish addicts recommend and that is "wrapping your tips". I painted the free edge before painting my second coat and also did it for my topcoat. We'll see what kind of wear this mani gets. Enough babble, on to the picture.

Zoya Dea

Why I always think I can get in the bed and not fall asleep is beyond me. This has a layer of OPI Top Coat and Drip Dri Drops and I still manage to make a mess of them. Looks like I have a matte fingerprint on my nail. Grrrrr. I'll learn my lesson sooner or later. No worries though, I will just do a design on them to cover it up. What color do you think will look nice with this? I was thinking a pink or mint green.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you looks good enough to eat. (lick, lick) lol!! Yeah, put on mint green and white or mint green and pink. I think 2 colors would really make your mani stand out. And yes wrapping tips does maintain a mani for several days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Seche Vite works wonders for me before bed. I use a separate topcoat first to prevent the "shrink" and then put SV over tha. I think a teal would look good with this color. Can't wait to see how you change it up though.

    ReplyDelete