Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back to Basics..Detox Time

I feel "blah". "Blah" to me means my body is just off. I am running at 75% which is where I have been all year. So much for starting 2010 off right. With high levels of stress, low levels of sleep, low levels of exercise, and inability to focus it is time to get back on track.
Step 1 is to get back to eating correctly. Easier said than done I know but kudos to the Fat Smash diet for making it extremely easy. I follow the Phase 1 which is considered the detox phase and that typically puts me back on track to feeling better. The thing I like about the Fat Smash Diet is it doesn't feel as limiting as other diets do (probably because I actually like the foods on the list of things you can eat). The detox phase is more or less to rid your body of all the yucky stuff you put in it on a daily basis. Eating as many fruits and vegetables as you want and limited quantities of other items helps to cleanse your system of all the nasty processed foods and refined sugars that wreak havoc on your body.

The CAN eats:
All fruits and veggies in any quantity (except white potatoes and avocados)
Beans
Brown rice- 2 cups cooked per day
2 cups low-fat, skim, or soy milk per day
Oatmeal- 1 cup per day
6 oz. low-fat yogurt (2 times per day)
4 egg whites per day
2 cups herbal tea per day
3 tablespoons low-fat dressing on salad

The NO-NOS:
white rice
meat
fish
cheese
bread
raisins
nuts
dried or preserved fruits
candy/popcorn/chips
ice cream
alcohol
juice
soda
coffee and all coffee drinks
sports drinks
milkshakes
whole eggs or yolks
fried foods
fast food

Honestly, it is not that bad as long as you have what you need in your cupboards. If not you will be like I was today, scratching my head trying to figure out what to eat. I will be going to the grocery store tomorrow to load up on fruits and salads. I can't wait until the end of this week when I know my body and mind will start responding and feeling less sluggish.

No comments:

Post a Comment