Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Still Processing the Suffering in Haiti

So I have tried a few times now to write something regarding the earthquake in Haiti. Each time I start I feel like no amount of words can truely convey the amount of sorrow I felt. Through the years I have seen the devastation mother nature can unleash and the devastation humans can inflict on each other but I don't know why this particular incident hit me so hard.

I did want to take a moment to acknowledge the incident and let people know that now is the time to show people in need that there is someone who cares. Whether it is the people in your own backyard who are needy or countries even continents away, if everyone gives something of themselves then the difference that could be made in the lives of so many would be enormous.

No comments:

Post a Comment