Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What's For Dinner...

An issue that plagues me everyday is what I am going to make for dinner. I absolutely dread the the words and brace myself to hear the daily "Mommy, what's for dinner." UGH!! As if I didn't know I had to make dinner. As if it were some type of holiday that snuck up on me like a birthday or anniversary. There are no excuses really, dinner is every darn day but why oh why is it such a task to figure out what to make.

I will be honest I am no chef. Cooking is not my strong suit simply because I have not dedicated much time or effort to make it such. Surely I can speak for many a parent who run kids back and forth to activities 3-5 times a week that a quick meal is going to have to do.

I just wanted to share one of my quick meals with you. Pretty basic but pretty good. The best part is it is only 2 ingredients.




















Image courtesy of http://www.zatarains.com


Image courtesy of
http://www.gomeat.com



That's it, there you have it, rice and sausage. Just slice the sausage up and either throw it in with the rice to cook or put it in a frying pan for 5-7 minutes to brown it up some and add it to the rice after it is cooked. Alternatives to sausage are pretty much limitless, shrimp, chicken, ham, whatever suits your fancy. Throw in some veggies and you have your one dish meal. Quick, easy, and good. Who doesn't love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment