Tuesday, January 19, 2010

La Paz-Itively Hot or NOT? A Little Matte :-(

Let me start off by saying I really do like the color of OPI La Paz-Itively Hot- Matte. A bright hot pink but not neon with a tinge of fuschia. The pictures below don't do it justice.  I am not familiar with the regular gloss version so can't compare the two colors but the matte is nice. The application of this polish was a little tricky. One coat will not do it. Be prepared to do a minimum of 3 coats. The first coat was sheer and streaky. The second added a little more coverage and helped with some of the streakiness and while the 3rd did not provide full coverage it got me to the point where I was happy with some semblance of smoothness.








OPI La Paz-itively Hot Matte

OPI La Paz-itively Hot Matte



With all that said how could I be frustrated already? Of course, major chipping will do it. This is my first experience with a full mani of matte polish and let me just say I am quite disappointed. Should I be? Probably not. I have read the reviews that the matte polishes are quite prone to chipping but it was less than 24 hours and I spotted my first few chips. GRRRR. It was more around the 14 hour mark when I noticed my first few chips along the tips and edges of my nails. I took my shower, no chips, worked on my laptop some, no chips, but somewhere between home and the grocery store my first chips appeared.

OPI La Paz-itively Hot Matte

I tried to remedy the situation with another coat, mind you it took 3 coats to get the appearance of a semi decent application. I don't like chips so I touched this polish up at least 4 times throughout the day. Enough is enough. This will definitely end up with a Konad design and top coat in an effort to salvage the 8-9 coats already applied.

UPDATE 1/20/10: No Konad for this mani, this polish is coming off as I type..couldn't even keep the chips away for a few hours.  I did throw a coat of Milani Garnet Gems on top of one nail just to see what it would look like.  Stay tuned for pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment