Saturday, January 9, 2010

Surprise..

I am the worst with surprises. For some reason I just don't like them. After it is all said and done and I know what it is I am fine but all of the mystery and suspense leading up to it drives me bananas.

My husband of 11 years told me he wanted to take me on a date. He told me this on Monday and we weren't going out until Friday. Naturally I asked where we were going. "It's a surprise!", he says. Of course I retort back with the "c'mon tell me", "you have to tell me", "I need to know so I know what to wear", you know those types of responses. Now I had a whole week to try and figure it out and mull over it. Great.

Since I was pretty busy with work things the week went by and I didn't rack my brain all week. Come Thursday night I started with the questions again. And they were all very valid questions regarding attire and time and one last attempt to find out what it was.

To make a long story short it was a very nice surprise. He took me out to dinner and had a nice room reserved for us at the local resort/country club. It was a very nice surprise but I still don't like surprises. I torment myself relentlessly but in all fairness I just want to make sure I am on time, appropriately dressed, and have what I need. A man's view of that and a woman's view are typically completely different.

So how are you with surprises. Do you love them or hate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment