Saturday, January 16, 2010

My First Gray(ish)

I picked this polish out a while ago and haven't tried it yet.  Polishes typically have to match the kind of mood I am in so while this wasn't an exact match for my mood, it was close enough.  Gray.  This isn't a true gray, more of a silvery gray, hence the name Gunmetal, part of the Sally Hansen XTremewear line.  It is a pretty color when you want something basic.  I got bored of it a lot faster than most colors but I am thinking that is a good thing.  When my mood is gray that can't be good.


Sally Hansen Gunmetal

This polish can achieve a nice color with 2 coats.  I did not use a top coat so after a day of wear and washing my hair it was chipped.  It was not chipped badly though, just along the sides a little bit and some tip wear.  I touched all of my nails up with a third coat and it was fine.  For the life of me I could not find a color to Konad with that worked well with Gunmetal as a base.  I tried a bright yellow for the Konad design, red, bright blue, you name it.  Nothing in my arsenal worked well with this color as a base.  White showed up of course but there has got to be some other color to go with this.  What do you think?  What color Konad design will go with Gunmetal as a base?

No comments:

Post a Comment